- Act as your legally appointed professional health and safety advisors
- Review and update your Health, Safety & Welfare Policy, and management systems
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Investigate reportable incidents and dangerous occurrences, preparing reports highlighting any necessary remedial actions to prevent re-occurrence
- Carry out a formal audit and review on an annual basis in order to evaluate the health and safety performance of your company and set key performance indicators for the year
- Coordinate and organise health and safety strategy meetings
- Provide a health and safety information service by telephone or e-mail in response to health and safety enquires
- Carry out regular site health and safety inspections to review compliance of the site against current health and safety legislation and your own company procedures
- Assist with the preparation and review of construction phase plans
- Provide Tool Box Talks / Health & Safety seminars to your workforce Produce health and safety templates for you to use in your workplace
- WorkSafe Jersey provide a HSPC service for all major construction projects
- A HSPC’s role is to be a key project advisor for their client on all construction health and safety risk management matters.
- There must be a HSPC appointed for all major construction projects.
The HSPC is responsible for:
- advising and assisting the client with their duties
- notifying the Health and Safety Inspectorate of the project using the online notification form
- the coordination of the health and safety aspects of the design work to check that the appropriate design risk management procedures have been used to remove or reduce hazards
- checking that the different design elements work together without causing danger
- facilitating effective cooperation and coordination between all parties involved with the project
- facilitating good communication and managing the flow of information between the client, designers and contractors
- liaising with the principal contractor regarding any ongoing aspects of the design
- collating the relevant pre-construction information (obtained from the client and possibly the early designers), and passing it on to the relevant people involved with the construction phase
- preparing and updating the health and safety file
We have developed a range of courses which have been mainly derived by demand from industry and can be booked and delivered at your company premises or at a local venue. If there are specific requirements then any of the standard courses can be amended to meet your specific needs and/or to include your company procedures/document control systems etc.
In addition, we also develop courses from scratch and hence if you have a specific need then please talk to us and we will look at developing the course and then delivering it at your company or a local venue.
Get in Touch with Our Health and Safety Team
If you are interested in any of the services we provide or just have questions about health and safety in your organisation, then the team at WorkSafe are ready to help.